Hybrid Accounting and Finance role, offering growth, stability and mentorship
Well established company that has seen significant growth this year
About Our Client
Our client is an exciting Consumer Goods company headquartered in New York that have been well established for over 20 years but are still seeing significant growth in 2020! They put a lot of emphasis on the culture, work/life balance and ensuring that they create a positive, long-term home for all their employees.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage all aspects of day to day Accounting operations, including but not limited to managing A/P, A/R, cash management, prepaids, overseeing general ledger activities, and supervise Accounting staff.
- Support the Executive Leadership team on several strategy focused projects
- Create and maintain in-depth P&L and Balance Sheet analytics, and work closely with Manager - FP&A and Assistant Controller to effectively report results.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the team in accurately processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
- Ownership over the Accounts Receivable review process, working directly with Retail and Wholesale sales teams
- Assist Manager - FP&A with long-range planning, and annual budgeting process
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of existing processes and proposing enhancements
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Public Accounting experience
- 7+ Years' Accounting experience, preferably with experience within the Consumer Goods industry, ie. Retail, Wholesale or inventory related
- Senior Leadership experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Large Discretionary bonus
- Health benefits
- 401k with Match
- 20 PTO days
- Summer Fridays