- Consumer Goods Company based in Bloomfield, CT
- Looking for a Controller
About Our Client
The client is a Consumer Goods company based in Bloomfield, CT. This opportunity is based hybrid.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Provide financial reports and interpret financial information while recommending further courses of action.
* Advise on investment activities and provide strategies to minimize financial risk.
* Maintain the financial health of the organization.
* Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
* Develop trends and projections for the firm's finances.
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
* Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
* Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
* Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
* Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics required.
* Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations required.
* Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar preferred.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must have cost accounting experience, ideally from a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP.
- Ideal candidate is a strong excel user and possesses general IT savvy.
- Ideal candidate has 3-4 years of experience and a minimum of a bachelors degree.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.