- Seeking a Controller
- Growing Firm in Tampa
About Our Client
Michael Page is a leading global recruitment firm specializing in Accounting and Finance recruitment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures to prevent accounting fraud.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Oversee the timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Spearhead process improvement initiatives: internal investment reporting.
- Develop and implement department and staff objectives to achieve department goals.
- Other projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA/Big 4 experience highly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in general accounting required.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
What's on Offer
- Direct Hire Opportunity.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Equal Employer Opportunity.