- Newly created position within accounting area.
- Company has recently gone through merger, in full expansion mode.
About Our Client
Our client is a network of clinical care practices that are client centric. Their three dedicated practices cater to client's individual needs, from family care and pediatrics, to multi-lingual medical support.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Audit the general ledger and journal entries.
- Ensure the accurate and timely month-end financial statements on a timely basis for the income statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
- Confirmation of completeness of month-end close.
- Manage the journal entry input review and control processes.
- Review and make all journal entries including accruals; may determine and prepare appropriate journal entries for more complex business transactions.
- Provide research and make recommendations to management on proper accounting treatment for new transactions, review transactions for proper account classification.
- Maintain a strong internal control structure for all general ledger processes ensuring adequate segregation of duties.
- Ensures compliance with local, state & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings.
- Develop working relationships to collaborate with Finance, Payroll, Tax, Legal, Treasury and international teams to meet day-to-day operational needs.
- Support revenue recognition, debt and equity transactions, leasing, potential merger and acquisitions, segment reporting, and other specific transactions.
- Ensure that all acquisition accounting is proper, and that year-end financial reporting is complete and accurate.
- Manage account reconciliations.
- Ensure account reconciliations are completed accurately in a timely manner.
- Ensure those reconciling items are resolved before month-end close and that they are adequately documented.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance; Master's degree/CPA license is a plus.
- Financial accounting systems experience (e.g., Dynamics 365, SAP, QuickBooks, Cognos) required, and ERP implementation experience preferred.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, handle deadline pressure and exhibit a team player attitude at all times.
- The well qualified candidate will have had roles demonstrating leadership and strong communication skills at multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong execution skills, advanced analytical skills, and significant technical accounting skills; proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
- Full benefits package