- Own all compliance initiatives globally
- Report directly to the VP of Supply Chain Operations
About Our Client
Our client is part of a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing group, located in Buffalo Grove. They generate over $70M in revenue on an annual basis. This is a newly created position that will report to their VP of Supply Chain & Manufacturing.
- Product Quality- Review inspection reports from outside services and from the quality inspector.
- Communicate with suppliers on continuous improvements and zero tolerance issues.
- Ensure inspectors have the most current specifications and the tools (approval samples) to conduct a proper inspection.
- Integrate work taking place in Asia with the inspection practices in place at our warehouse.
- Work closely with warehouse inspector to understand the quality metrics of all suppliers and develop continuous improvement communications to suppliers and China company office.
- Product Testing- Develop and manage a continuous testing process across product categories. Tests to include water resistance/breathability on certain leathers, California Prop 65, and unique customer requirement testing.
- Develop a system to file reports, maintain records, and follow-up with suppliers
- Sustainability- Work with product teams and suppliers on all customer sustainability requirements.
- Maintain supplier records to support sustainability/recycling claims.
- C-TPAT- Understand all CTPAT requirements and communicate throughout the year to suppliers.
- Responsible for CTPAT manual updates, questionnaire management, audit reviews, follow-ups and reporting.
- Supplier Audits- Work closely with China office and suppliers on the execution of supplier audits and the required follow-up.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 4 Yr. College Degree (BS/BA in Business Administration, or related field required.)
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, communication, and follow-up skills
- Excellent ethics and judgment
- Ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Strong attention to details and ability to organize large amounts of data
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability necessary to work effectively in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Analyze internal business systems to ensure compliance with industry regulations and ethical standards
- Review company policies for possible risks and liabilities and research legal requirements for new initiatives
- Create, modify, update, and implement company policies
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary, between $90,000 and $110,000 - Dependent on experience
- 8% 401k Match
- 15 days of PTO
- 5 Personal Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Incredible healthcare through BCBS including Medical, Dental and Vision - ELIGIBLE DAY 1
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ability to work remote, after on-boarding period, 1-2 times a week
- Wellness program, $550 yearly reimbursement - used for club memberships, weight management and other wellness initiatives