Corporate Controller - Manufacturing
Join a growing company where you will play a vital role in growing a team
Implement and streamline accounting processes and procedures
About Our Client
This company is a rapidly growing and respected family-owned business that has been operating in the Chicagoland area for a number of years. They have recently seen significant growth over the past 5 years, and are a market leader in their specialized space. This is a great opportunity to grow your own team and bring new ideas to the table to make the company more profitable.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for budget and forecast development, monitoring, reporting and assisting departments in meeting budgeted spend levels to ensure site cost efficiency.
- Responsible for all monthly and quarter end closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and reporting, compliance reporting and account reconciliation review.
- Oversees all accounting operations including the invoicing, cash receipts and applications, all aspects of accounts payables, payroll, inventory control and fixed asset accounting
- Works with the FP&A department to assist in the forecasting and budgeting process
- Proactively investigate and act on variances to budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Serve as lead for developing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls to increase efficiency.
- Assist management in planning labor and assets for budgets, forecasts and actual operations.
- Establish departmental controls and work with external auditors
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree focused in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years' as Accounting Manager/Controller in manufacturing company
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience growing and managing an accounting team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in public accounting firm
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with generous benefit package:
- bonus potential
- flexible PTO
- 401K match
- Full coverage of Medical/Dental/Vision