- New Position due to company growth.
- Bonus Eligibility
About Our Client
We are partnered with a globally known pharmaceutical manufacturing company, that produces medical formulas and foods for the management of a variety of medical conditions. Who are continually innovating new nutritional options targeted at a wide array of diseases.
- Serves as primary point of contact for corporate payroll processor in order to coordinate, verify and process bi-weekly payrolls:
- Provide excellent customer service to employees in the areas of payroll, how to clock in/out, how to request paid time off, and 401k eligibility and participation.
- Responsible for the maintaining and ensuring biometric time clocks are functional and new hires are registered.
- Retrieve and process monthly benefits invoices for review and payment.
- Maintain Schlage access security key cards and maintain key control log.
- Maintain sales & use tax compliance throughout the US by preparing various sales tax reports and filings.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with fixed asset management and periodic review of fixed asset inventory.
- Create, manage, and close Capital Projects.
- Prepare and distribute depreciation forecasts for budgets.
- Prepare various monthly journal entries and other entries required for month end close.
- Perform appropriate month end closing processes.
- Maintain the general ledger account analysis and reconciliations to ensure the account balances are accurate, reasonable and have adequate support with proper documentation.
- Generate inventory reports monthly and review inventory reserve requirements with support from Supply Chain.
- Lead quarterly or bi-annual inventory counts, generate audit reports related to the count and reconcile count results for management review.
- Prepare and distribute month end reports to Management.
- Assist with preparing annual standard cost for inventory.
- Assist with variance analysis.
- Assist with analysis of monthly reporting packages.
- Prepare annual standard cost book and monthly costs sheets.
- Calculate and disseminate standard overhead rates and production days.
- Reconcile engineering budgeted production standards with SAP data.
- Actively participate in new product development meetings.
- In collaboration with system support, set up new costing reports, works centers and production schedulers.
- Analyze the monthly Material Purchase Price Variance report and provide comments to management on the variances between standard and actual costs.
- In collaboration with members of the Planning Department, prepare and input the annual fixed cost operating budget.
- In collaboration with the Accounting and Planning Manager, prepare and issue monthly budget versus actual reports to department managers.
- In collaboration with the Accounting and Planning Manager, gather and prepare information requested from the internal and external auditors.
- Assist external auditors during semi-annual and annual audits and internal auditors according to internal audit schedule.
- Assist with SAP implementation.
- In collaboration with other accounting personnel, review and recommend modifications to the accounting systems and procedures and train end users on the new or modified work procedures.
- Participate in testing SAP work orders and other SAP features.
- Complete various accounts receivable duties such as manual billings, payment application, collections and credit reviews as it relates to institutional customers.
- Provide support to accounts payable team members as necessary.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline with a minimum of 3 to 8 years' experience in general accounting and/or cost accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to achieve all essential duties, to work independently with little to no direction, take initiative within scope of work responsibilities, ability to prioritize work, anticipate department needs, plan accordingly for needs, multi-task and adapt to change.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable communicating across department lines
- Proficient computer skills in MicroSoft® Office Suite.
- Exposure to costing in MRP required, SAP® or other similar software a plus.
What's on Offer
- Bonus Eligibility
- Health, Vision, Dental