- Work for a large Manufacturing Company
- Competitive Base Salary with a Growing Company
About Our Client
We are currently working with a Medium Sized Manufacturing company that has been around for over 50 years. They have a Cost Accounting Manager role open reporting into the Director - Operations Controller. You will be a part of a 10 person Finance team and will eventually have direct reports to manage. This individual will support the broader organization interfacing with Corporate Finance, Product Management and Manufacturing supporting production, monthly closing, financial reporting, and cost analysis.
The Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Create Monthly product margin analysis identifying performance drivers and variances against targets.
- Manage cycle count program for all locations providing leadership and guidance to local controllers. Support and report on monthly metrics to logistics and machining for all divisions.
- Support Product costing analysis as well as participate in our monthly reporting, budgeting, and forecasting cadence.
- Identify and prepare internal targeted cost analysis to support continuous improvement actions to drive higher margins across all product lines.
- Maintain BOM's/Routings while working with R&D on New Products to ensure on-going accuracy and reasonableness based on available manufacturing processes.
- Perform variance analysis from First Article thru maturity in standard production, across multiple manufacturing plants, for all new product introductions.
- Analyze labor efficiency, validate actuals, and propose needed updates for new product and standard products for accurate standards and potential cost reductions.
- Support Costing leadership in coordinating budgeting/forecasting of Standards for all new products as required.
- Support Operations Data Management in the performance of their duties - providing Oracle expertise around Resource, overhead, Department structure, and associations.
- Coordinate Quarterly/Annual audit requests for Inventory and Cost functions.
- Research work order variance.
- Support various ad hoc requests from the finance leadership team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Cost Accounting Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field related to the Job Duties; Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred.
- Experience 10-15 years (Within a manufacturing company) at a matrixed (Multiple Business Units/Plants) product-driven company. Strong plant/operational accounting experience preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated strong user skills with ERP systems such as Hyperion, Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, Infor, etc.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong costing knowledge in both an actual and standard cost (Plant Controlling) environment including overhead calculations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact directly with senior management as well as other functional and technical areas (Product/Operations Management).
- Strong in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on with the willingness to dig into detail to understand root causes and solve problems.
- A self-driven, intellectually curious individual with a high sense of personal ownership.
- High energy level: output focused, with a knack to find the needle in the haystack.
What's on Offer
The Cost Accounting Manager - Manufacturing will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $100,000-$160,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume for further consideration.