Credit Risk - Quality Assurance Manager
Top Global Financial Institution
Great Career Growth
About Our Client
Our client is a top notch global financial institution.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The QA function plays a key role in setting the foundation in striving for a leading practice. This opportunity provides an ambitious candidate with ample career development potential through exposure to all activities within QA. The successful candidate will be responsible for many areas, including but not limited to:
1. Conducting quality assurance over audit deliverables (e.g., risk assessment audit planning memo, workpaper reviews, reports) during or after audits selected for QA review.
2. Perform QA review of follow up validation for various issue types, such as internal audit issue, regulatory findings and management self-identified issues.
3. Develop training materials for the department and provide training for new hires and/or existing staff.
4. Participate in preparing presentation decks to internal or external stakeholders, such as Audit Committee, Executive Management, Regulators, or Head Office.
5. Enhance the overall audit methodology, such as procedures and templates documented in its audit manual.
6. Lead or participate in various projects to enhance internal audit activities
Active participation in the creation and implementation of various new frameworks within the department, such as staff skill assessment, training program, framework of risk assessment of audit entities, framework of annual audit plan, enhanced continuous auditing or other various metric analysis, etc. The job includes working together with external consultants.
7. Bring in industry leading practices, integrate them with the department's process through pragmatic solutions, lead or assist the department's special projects to enhance various aspects of its execution in departmental operations and audits.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years in internal audit, risk management function or a cominbation of both with solid understanding in risks, controls and corporate governance. This requirement can be met through significant first line experience.
- Preferrably at least 5 years experience in credit or market risk related fields.
- Prior CPA firm experience and the banking industry or financial service industry in general are preferable.
- Some background in quantitative fields, such as portfolio management or credit rating modelling is a plus.
- CFA, FRM, CIA or other risk / audit professional certificates are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Risk Management, Finance or Accounting or other relative fields thhat are instrumental to the banking business.
- Master degree is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and bonus
Competitive 401k and Pension Plan
Health, Medical, Dental