Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Attorney
Reputable California law firm with offices in SF & LA
Chapter 11, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code experience required
About Our Client
Our client is a well-respected, California-based law firm. The client has two growing offices based in San Francisco and Los Angeles. They offer lower billables and interesting work.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Join firm's bankrutpcy practice. The successful candidate will advise clients with respect to all areas of Chapter 11, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, and be familiar with the law with respect to guaranties in California. Knowledge of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and preparing loan opinions is a plus!
The Successful Applicant
- JD from top law school
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant practice experience
- Candidate must be knowledgeable about enforcement of real property security interests, particularly on the lender side.
- Bankruptcy experience should include understanding the fraudulent conveyance laws and litigating claims, litigating confirmation of all plans of reorganization, assignment and assumption of executory contracts and leases, filling motions for relief from the automatic stay to foreclose, purchasing assets out of bankruptcy, making loans to an entity in bankruptcy, cash collateral issues, and bankruptcy appeals.
- Candidate must be able to advise clients with respect to all areas of Chapter 11, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, and be familiar with the law with respect to guaranties in California.
- Knowledge of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and preparing loan opinions is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive total comp package