- 100% Healthcare coverage, with 15% yearly bonus
- Manage NPD from start to finish
About Our Client
Our client designs and develop products in the USA and focus exclusively on consumer goods. They serve a variety of industries with their products being front and center in DIY stores like Home Depot and Lowes. They seek a Vice President of Engineering that will oversee all engineering related activities and report to the President of organization.
- Consistently launch 15-20 new products/year
- Ability to work from home every Wednesday
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Research and development of components, mechanisms and designs that can be applied to consumer products in development.
- Develop concepts, design drawings, prototypes, material specifications and testing methods.
- Assign component and assembly IDs and develop BOMs
- Perform patent research to ensure protection of intellectual property while understanding all IP related matters.
- Maintain accountability of product designs by redesigning as needed and achieves resolutions for design issues while working with QA to a successful outcome.
- Ensure that designs meet feature and cost requirements established by marketing.
- Review existing designs and recommend design improvements which includes simplified designs, reduced manufacturing lead times and cost, while maintaining product feature requirements.
- Build and test prototypes ensuring product meet all requirements of testing method criteria.
- Conduct comparative analysis and testing on competitive products
- Conduct product design reviews and prototype reviews with R&D Team, Marketing and sales.
The Successful Applicant
- College degree in engineering (BSME preferred)
- Experience in plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die casting, extrusions, metal fabrication, or powdered metal manufacturing a must.
- Strong Solidworks proficiency preferred, strong Microsoft proficiency required.
- Self-directed, disciplined, high-energy, pro-active work ethic.
- Excellent research and documentation skills.
- Must have excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined, ability to work with power tools and other equipment as needed, must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $65,000 and $80,000
- Yearly bonus, circa 10%
- 10% 401k Match
- 100% Covered Benefits for employees through BCBS
- 3 weeks of Vacation
- 15 Paid Holidays