- Well established Indianapolis area developer with growing reputation nationally
- Tenured employees enjoy great benefits, growth opportunity, and strong culture
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, fully integrated Real Estate developer with a focus on Class A Multifamily projects in addition to afforable housing and mixed use projects. The team excels at its mission to develop, build, and manage multifamily assets nationwide using an approach that builds value, eliminates risk, and provides superior risk-adjusted returns, all while keeping our culture intact. To date, the company has received more than 25 national awards as a Best Workplace and for record-breaking growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Perform initial due diligence of assigned projects to include zoning and code review, title work review and project risk assessment.
- Execute timeline and cost schedules for all required due diligence items as established by the Director of Development.
- Assist Preconstruction Department and principals in the development of construction budget.
- Act as primary contact for all individual project entitlement and approval efforts including Architectural Review Boards and Homeowner Associations.
- Assist legal counsel in reviewing and resolving title and survey issues.
- Ascertain utility availability and connection fees, and costs of necessary improvements.
- Assist loan processor and HUD analyst (on HUD related projects).
- Coordinate design professionals (civil, architectural and others) in the completion of necessary deliverables for every stage of the development process, from initial conceptual layouts to construction drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate with the Director of Civil Engineering throughout the development process on design and entitlement schedules, utility availability and associated costs, and to ensure all design plans are fully coordinated.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Real Estate development; preferably within the multifamily industry.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, Bluebeam, project management tracking and scheduling software.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Finance, Urban Planning, Engineering, Construction or related field.
- Ability to operate independently and to effectively report in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to build consensus, manage details, and anticipate issues.
- Ability to understand a goal and to work as a team.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Positive attitude.
What's on Offer
The successful Development Manager candidate will be offered:
- Strong base salary up to $125,000 depending on experience
- Bonuses based on projects won and completed
- Flexible work environment including mostly remote work
- Fun and collaborative team
- In house gym
- Additional benefits