- Hybrid work schedule - work from home 2/3 days a week
- Most reputable townhome division in PNW
About Our Client
Our client is a national multifamily real estate development and construction firm active across the United States. They have earned the reputation of one of North America's most trusted real estate developers. From intimate townhomes to iconic gateway towers to apartment residences, my client takes pride in adding value to not only the homes we build, but also the communities we build in, and work to bring unique opportunities to our homeowners, residents and partners. My client understands the value of their employees and works simultaneously in growing their employees and company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Play a key role in securing project entitlements through managing, scheduling and potentially leading City meetings, community outreach, consultant coordination, soft cost budgeting, and pre-construction scheduling from due diligence through start of construction.
* Participate in the design process of new projects by providing design concept guidance and analysis.
* Facilitate consultant selection, including procuring proposals, from due diligence through construction start
* Manage consultants in the design process from concept through construction
* Achieve required project milestones on time, especially as they relate to the timing of due diligence, close of escrow, and forecasted construction start.
* Take accountability for project entitlements including conditions of approval, design quality, pre-construction schedule and budget, and appropriate contract scope.
* Assist in the day-to-day management of development projects including the oversight of vendors and consultants, and internal staff members; and oversight of day-to-day activities, soft cost invoices.
* Assist in acquisitions underwriting as needed including impact fee research and analysis and anticipated conditions of approval with an impact to soft and hard costs
* Coordinate updates to the underwriting model with the Acquisitions team
* Coordinate with Construction Manager on all plans, design changes, conditions of approval, and scheduling
* Identify project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; prepare request for proposals, complete bid analysis, lead evaluation interviews, and recommend additional external resources as needed for project completion.
* Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with design consultants.
* Review and interpret plans, specifications and related project documents including the coordination of all building plans and project documentation through entitlements and assist Construction Manager with site/building permit approvals.
* Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects.
* Prepare and track project schedules from due diligence through construction start.
* Securing the appropriate entitlement approvals from government agencies as required.
* Assist with construction progress reporting.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field required.
* 5+ years' experience in real estate development and/or construction with a strong focus on project management and construction processes.
* A functional understanding of building laws and compliance concerning the design, permitting and construction of various sized projects.
* Advanced knowledge of financial principles as they relate to development projects with the ability to calculate complex figures, forecast and prepare budgets.
* Ability to collaborate with internal constituents as well as outside project managers, site supervisors, planners and subcontractors.
* Understanding of project contracts, leases, change orders and related documents.
* Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills required along with the ability to multi-task and bring individual issues to timely closure.
* Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products, CRM software, reporting.
What's on Offer
- Work from home flexibility
- Competitve base compensation
- 401K match
- Quarterly bonuses
- Group health benefits
- 2 weeks PTO
- Company culture and company retreats