- Well Established business that is growing organically and through M&A's
- Hybrid WFH Schedule
About Our Client
My client is a $200M+ Manufacturing Business located near Leominster, MA. They have been around for over 50+ years and are only growing. They are looking for a Director of Accounting to join the Accounting team and report directly into the CFO. This position is open due to growth within the department. If this sounds like the company & position for you, please read on and apply.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for the following:
- In collaboration with the CFO and Director of FP&A, participate fully in the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Responsible for the global coordination and accuracy of financial consolidations and eliminations (Transfer Pricing methodology included).
- Director of Accounting will be primary point of control for accounting rules, contracts, legal, insurance, and tax. Requires strong communication skills and coordination with global management.
- Provide oversight of both internal audit and external audit processes. Execute internal control protocols & processes and ensure corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Oversee the maintenance and accuracy of the manufacturing cost accounting systems. Ensure global standard product costs are updated periodically.
- Work with Corporate IT group to ensure ERP financial systems (Microsoft D365) as well as other supplemental financial tools are effective and efficient. Identify and implement continuous improvement process for accounting systems.
- Director of Accounting will be the key point of contact with external partners for legal, tax, insurance, banking, Board of Directors, and Shareholders.
- Continuously educate department owners on budget to actual variances and other financial metrics that are important to their decision making
- Responsible for all US/Corporate treasury activities. Ensure coordination of global cash to meet local requirements as needed.
- Work closely with Director of FP&A and provide support for Corporate Development projects and help coordinate due diligence activities. Understanding of purchase accounting.
- Drives functional aspects of 401K and Pension Plans administration in partnership with HR/OD. Specific duties are to include audits, 5500's, plan funding.
- Work with external auditors on Ex-Pat accounting requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA OR MBA
- 7-10 years of financial management experience (Private or Public)
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Experience with Payroll processes and systems
- Proven ability to recruit, train, manage and mentor high performing teams
- Manufacturing experience - preferably global experience
- Microsoft office and ERP systems proficiency
- Preferred experience with companies greater than 500 employees
What's on Offer
The Director of Accounting- Manufacturing will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $150,000-$170,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Bonus - 20%
- Added perks
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume for further consideration.