Director of Accounting
Become a key member of the leadership team
Establish and grow the accounting and finance function under the CFO
About Our Client
Our client is a well established and respected family owned business that has been operating in the Greater New York area for over 100 years. They treat their employees as their own family members and look to provide a supportive and welcoming community.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Ownership over monthly close activities and account reconciliations for operational accounts, including Accounts Receivables, Retail Commissions, Tax, Audit, and Inter-company transactions
- Create and maintain in-depth P&L and Balance Sheet analytics, and work closely with Manager - FP&A and Assistant Controller to effectively report results.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the team in accurately processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
- Ownership over the Accounts Receivable review process, working directly with Retail and Wholesale sales teams
- Assist Manager - FP&A with long-range planning, and annual budgeting process
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of existing processes and proposing enhancements
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Public Accounting experience
- 7+ Years' Accounting experience, preferably with experience within the Consumer Goods industry, ie. Retail, Wholesale or inventory related
- Senior Leadership experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Health benefits
- 20 PTO days
- Summer Fridays