- Exciting opportunity to manage a growing team
- flexible working arrangements
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the Banking industry that provides various financial products and services. This well established Investment Bank provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Which include consumer banking, credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management.They have ambitious growth plans this year as a part of their long term strategy, so the need for a Director, Basel Interpretation is essential for the team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Director, Basel Interpretation will need to work together with stakeholders in Finance, Risk, Technology, Legal, and Compliance to provide regulatory capital SME in Basel III and upcoming Basel IV. Additional responsibilities will include:
- The interpretation of U.S. regulatory capital rules (e.g. Basel IV, Basel III, SLE) for all initiatives subject to new product approval processes
- Responsible for design and implementation of new RWA calculations and reporting process, ensuring that those are well-defined and documented in an understandable manner
- Manage and coach a team of analysts, project managers and Basel rules experts
- Communicate status of issues and risk disposition to all stakeholders, escalating any issues associated with the programs and projects in scope
This is an urgent need. Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following criteria. All the are essential prerequisites:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years' experience of working in Financial Services in Regulatory Capital, RWA, Credit or Market Risk, Stress Testing, and related (FRTB, CCAR, Basel III, Basel III reforms, referred to as Basel IV), preferably in a large systemically important bank or management consulting fim
- Management Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Standardized and Advanced US regulatory capital rules for Wholesale and Retail exposures (Basel III and Basel III reforms with demonstrated ability to assess the application of those rules vs. regulatory expectations).
These skills are a plus to have:
- Master's Degree in related field
- Prior experience implementing Basel RWA rules in large financial institution
- Strong understanding of regulatory capital best practices and controls, and correlation between Banking and Trading Book exposures across different risk stripes
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Significant performance related annual bonus
- Strong Benefits Plan
- 23 Vacation Days, 6 unplanned (sick) days, + Holidays