- Join global CDMO leader with recently launched US Bioanalytical Services group
- Fully remote position with ownership over NA territory
About Our Client
This client a global leader in drug discovery and development services and is rapidly growing through expansion and investment. They have established a broad spectrum of research, development and manufacturing service capabilities throughout the entire drug discovery, preclinical and clinical development process across multiple therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biologics and CGT products.
- Research and identify new biotechnology/pharmaceutical clients developing therapeutics, to qualify and validate these prospects and establish new contacts within these companies relevant to the ABS services portfolio
- Establish and maintain client relationships of the highest quality, to strengthen existing relationships to maximize cross-selling business opportunities
- Work closely with internal and external scientific operations teams in addition to colleagues in business development to develop effective partnerships and strategies to maximize business opportunities from each and every client (both stand-alone bioanalytical projects and projects integrated with other programs)
- Manage (together with support from internal scientific operations) new business opportunities from the point of inquiry, proposal development, negotiation through to winning the order(s)
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets
- Maintain the SalesForce CRM database with specific up-to-date information on sales leads (inquiries), prospects and opportunities, CDAs/MSAs, quotations, task orders to facilitate management to generate reports for accurate forecasting
- Issue monthly reports on-time for your area(s) of responsibility (due end calendar month) · Attend meetings, conferences as required (due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are currently utilizing virtual models employing Zoom, MS Teams, DocuSign extensively)
- Gather and report all relevant market intelligence data · Input and positively influence the business strategies for bioanalysis through close working with the VP
- If the business is not meeting its strategic objectives, to collectively work with the BDM team, scientific operations, and management to agree action plans to address the problem. Where the solution to these problems do not fall within BD, to work with the management team to assist and contribute to developing solutions
- Cultivate, manage, and maintain professional relationships with key internal stakeholders in scientific operations and foster close working relationships between BD and Operations on an ongoing basis
- Learn the bioanalytical business and scientific aspects of company's services in metabolism (ADME), biomarkers, preclinical, in vitro DMPK, Phase 1 clinical development, company's int'l services and the inter-relations and cross-selling aspects of all Pharmaron business units
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with BD colleagues alongside RLS (Radiolabeled Sciences), DP&C (Discovery, Preclinical & Chemistry), CPC (Clinical Pharmacology Center) and ABS (Advanced Bioanalytical Sciences)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- BS (Biology, Pharmacology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or similar)
- Experience in CRO industry Business Development
- Must have a proven track record in provision of Bioanalysis services
- Experience with Pharma development and outsourcing
- Prior scientific role
- Organized with strong hunter/finder abilities
- Comfortable in matrixed teams and building through consensus
- In depth knowledge of the CRO and Pharmaceutical market and environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Remote role. Full time remote role currently with occasional travel to customers when needed.
- Ownership of US territory.
- Growth opportunity with ability to hire/build team under this person.
- Excellent benefits package.