- Global CRO/CDMO which hosts it's Bioanalytical capabilities in Maryland
- Head Bioanalytical BD hire, looking to scale the business across the US region
About Our Client
Our client is a growing international full-service CDMO/CRO which supports Gene & Cell Therapy, Small Molecules, and Biologics. The global organization has a number of capabilities and locations in the US including Boston, Baltimore, PA, and the West Coast. Due to growth, the business has surpassed $1b revenue in 2021 and forecasts $1.5b this year.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Research and identify new biotechnology/pharmaceutical clients developing therapeutics, to qualify and validate these prospects and establish new contacts within these companies relevant to the ABS services portfolio
- Establish and maintain client relationships of the highest quality, to strengthen existing relationships to maximize cross-selling business opportunities
- Work closely with internal and external scientific operations teams in addition to colleagues in business development to develop effective partnerships and strategies to maximize business opportunities from each and every client (both stand-alone bioanalytical projects and projects integrated with other programs)
- Manage (together with support from internal scientific operations) new business opportunities from the point of inquiry, proposal development, negotiation through to winning the order(s)
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets
- Maintain the SalesForce CRM database with specific up-to-date information on sales leads (inquiries), prospects and opportunities, CDAs/MSAs, quotations, task orders to facilitate management to generate reports for accurate forecasting
- Attend meetings, conferences as required (due to the Covid-19 pandemic, they are currently utilizing virtual models i.e. Zoom, MS Teams, DocuSign extensively)
- Gather and report all relevant market intelligence data
- Input and positively influence the business strategies for bioanalysis through close working with the VP
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology, or similar preferred)
- 5-10 years of experience in the biotech/biopharma ecosystem. Direct experience with start-ups, small biotechs, big pharmas, CROs, CMOs and CDMOs from a sales and/or outsourcing perspective
- Proven track record in a business development / client partnership facing role for provision of Bioanalytical services.
- Strong understanding of Bionalytical Sciences/Development
What's on Offer
- Base salary: $130k - $180k (dependent on experience)
- Variable: Uncapped commission quarterly structure with significant upside.
- Benefits: Competitive
- Location: Remote
- Territory: Entire US region