Director of Business Development (Real Estate & Construction)
Ability to bring in new relationships and manage existing relationships
Proven track record of business development in NY Real Estate and Construction
About Our Client
The Director of Business Development (Real Estate & Construction) will be responsible for sales by developing relationships with new clients that will lead to new work opportunities. The role will entail the development of business leads across the New York and New Jersey Real Estate and Construction market.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Director of Business Development (Real Estate & Construction) will:
- Build relationships within the industry; seek out new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients; create new market opportunities.
- Develop strategic plans for Marketing and Business Development; stay current with market trends and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Ensure that the company is presented with optimum business opportunities to realize profit gains through new business and diversification.
- Expand and maintain relationships with architects, project developers, consultants and other business and community organizations.
- Lead all required Corporate Reporting including the following:
- Pipeline report
- Quarterly Awards Report
- Monthly Revenue projections for Opportunities
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Director of Business Development (Real Estate & Construction) will have the following qualifications:
- Proven experience with forging new relationships and proven business savvy to bring in new business
- Current relationships and contact with local clients, architects, developers, and designers is required
- 7+ years of related experience within the Real Estate and Construction industry including a significant business development role
- Must be local to the New York Metro area and be able to network with clients and other related industry contacts
- A strong background in the construction industry with emphasis on business development and sales in commercial, multifamily residential, hospitality, higher education, aviation, and other product lines.
- Must be able to identify future trends for possible markets and have high visibility and credibility in the local marketplace.
- A strong level of technical knowledge regarding building planning, design, construction, and materials is necessary for communication with customers, project managers and developers.
What's on Offer
Base + Bonus