- World class CDMO with a focus on cell based therapies seeking Head of BD
- Remote position, can sit anywhere on the East Coast
About Our Client
World class cell therapy focused contract development and manufacturing organization streamlining the production of high-quality, cost-effective cell therapies enabling access to patients that need them.
- Support the team in achieving Business Development objectives, as well as various marketing activities, that promote growth, profitability and sustainability of the organization's business.
- Conduct Lead generation activities that result in new potential partnerships
- Implement the proposal/customer response aspects of the business process
- Accountable for delivering proposals/customer responses in a timely manner
- Lead internal development of proposals in response to RFPs and other client responses
- Analyze questionnaires, RFPs and other client provided information to identify client needs and requirements
- Seek logistics and scheduling input from Client Engagement (Project Management).
- Prepare / Customize Sales / Proposal presentation content to be used for clients
- Coordinate and track of NDAs and or other legal documents requiring signature
- Assist in evaluation of technical and or business risks and positioning the customer response to mitigate internal risks and overcome potential client objections.
- Maintain and update proposal/summary proposal templates/repository.
- Collaborate with and maintain effective interdepartmental working relationships with Project Management, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality and other stakeholders to ensure that proposals are analyzed and reviewed appropriately and agreed upon by relevant activity owners/stakeholders.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline; General Knowledge of Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Minimum 10+ years in the life sciences field with 5+ years in a BD role.
- Training and/or experience in Cell and Gene Therapy, life sciences business role highly desired.
- Cultivates a culture of openness and information sharing.
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all communication
- Excellent written, mathematical, analytical and deductive skills.
- General knowledge of biopharmaceutical product development, manufacturing and regulatory requirements as well as financial principles.
- Rapidly embraces and applies new ideas and approaches where doing so adds value.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively process multiple avenues of communication and requests simultaneously.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + bonus.
- Remote role with some travel required to corporate office, partner sites, and events.
- Independent contributor role.
- Growth opportunity with ability to hire/build team under this person.
- Excellent benefits package.