- International CRO seeking Director of BD for growing Discovery group
- Cultivate relationships with biotech startups and lead as technical liaison
About Our Client
This client a global leader in drug discovery and development services and is rapidly growing through expansion and investment. This organization has a strong foundation in the US with customers from coast to coast and several sites across the US supporting DMPK, Bioanalytical Sciences, Cell and Gene Therapy, Biologics, and other services. They've just surpassed $1b in revenue last year and are projecting $1.5b this year due to demand.
- This individual will be a hardcore Scientist hired to "speak the science" to end users being heads of drug discovery businesses.
- Identify and qualify customers in assigned territory to meet and exceed sales targets by building relationships with key decision makers, including senior management
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the capabilities and services of the Company and target customers that have potential for our services
- Maintain ongoing contacts with prospective and current customers to increase business growth, and provide accurate and detailed activity, sales and account plans to be reported to management on a regular basis (SFDC management)
- Ability to identify and execute on cross-selling opportunities across multiple Company sites
- Conducts and reports industry related market research, to identify potential new customers and industry trends
- Ability to constructively communicate customer feedback to internal teams to continue service improvement and optimization processes
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree
- 5-10 years of experience in the Discovery/R&D space as it relates to biotech/pharma with an interest in transitioning into a commercial role
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong skills in communication and relationship building
- Experience and comfort working with multiple cultures and nationalities preferred
- Driven and independent
- Collaborative, with the ability to coordinate efforts between multiple stakeholders
- Articulate, with the abilities to identify and solve problems, multitask, and learn
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Willing to travel occasionally
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Remote role. Full time remote role currently with occasional travel to customers when needed.
- Ownership of US territory.
- Growth opportunity with ability to hire/build team under this person.
- Excellent benefits package.