Director of Construction
Excellent Opportunity to Start a Division within an Established Firm
Ability to Create an Entire Team
About Our Client
My client is a mid-size general contractor with 3 office locations and while in their growth stages they are looking for a Director of Construction to launch a division that will focus on commercial (restaurants, retail, small offices and fit out projects).
The Director of Construction will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with new accounts
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- Interview and hire appropriate team players
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Construction should have:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field
- 10 years minimum of Project Management experience
- Commercial project experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proven track record of business development
- Organization skills
- Leadership mentality
What's on Offer
The Director of Construction will receive:
- Very competitive base salary
- Personal performance bonus
- Full benefits + 401(k) matching
- Paid vacation days + sick days + paid holidays