Director of Construction
Well established, highly sort-after, national design build firm
Opportunity to work with a lot of freedom and autonomy
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest and well-established Design Build firm in the Chicago area, working with some exciting clients over the next 12 months. Within this role, the successful Director of Construction will be given full autonomy and freedom to take the department onto bigger things over the next 5 years. They offer flexible working, the ability to work from home, great overall benefits including an exceptional health package for family members and a very generous and rewarding bonus scheme.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with new accounts
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- Interview and hire appropriate team players
The Successful Applicant
Due to the size and reputation of our client, the successful director of construction is required to have worked within a prestigious GC/Design Build/Developer company and have a track record of leading a team, delivering on time, winning clients and driving business growth.
What's on Offer
Our client offers without doubt one of the best and most generous compensation packages in the Mid-West.
A base salary of between $140,000 t0 $200,000 per annum.
Excellent bonus scheme paying out a high percentage of the successful candidates annual salary depending on performance over the year.
Health-care will be provided for not only the successful candidate but immediate family members as well.
Competitive vacation leave
Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
Company car + gas card.