Director of Construction
Competitive Salary and Compensation Package
Strong Company Culture
About Our Client
A shared vision has the power to unite purpose-driven companies. Both the general contractor and developer believe in creating contemporary and inspiring living environments that surprise and delight both the heart and mind. As successful sister companies, we utilize our extensive global development experience and collaborate with the leading architects, interior designers and construction companies to go beyond the expected.
- Responsible for the administration and management of various construction projects.
- Work intimately with the project managers, superintendent and other colleagues to coordinate and ensure the schedule, safety and quality control.
- Work alongside the owner, architects and engineers to facilitate design and construction processes.
- Manage estimating, scheduling, quality control, reporting progress, reviewing and coordinating design and safety coordination.
- Attend proposal meeting with the owner to review and discuss the scope of work, ways of reducing costs and provide ideas for value engineering.
- Manage the buyout of the project and assist in selecting subcontractors.
- Conduct job-site meetings on the job site twice a week while conducting progress meetings with the owner and the rest of the construction team.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project and remain cost conscious at all times.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years on-site experience in the multi-residential sector for a general contractor
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A proven team builder who demonstrates a collaborative attitude on the job site.
- Strong knowledge of construction techniques, specifications and drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety regulations as they apply to construction.
- Computer savvy (Office, CM software, etc.)
What's on Offer
- competitive base salary and full benefits