- Director of Construction
- Commercial and Multifamily General contractor
About Our Client
25 years of building across the Seattle area. Now the business is looking for a Director of Construction to be the future number two of the business. They have both Commercial and multifamily projects, with $100M + in the pipeline
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee the end to end operations of construction from the plans/permits handoff to final CO on all company projects. Including but not limited to Estimating, Purchasing, Construction & Warranty Work.
- Responsible for applying effective leadership techniques to the planning, design & construction phases of projects from inception to completion for the purpose of controlling cost, time & quality.
- Bring industry leading expertise and best practices to benefit the company, projects, teams & financial results.
- Servant leadership, a team player with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams. Consults with leadership team on high-level construction strategy and to help guide company financial and acquisitions strategies
- Responsible for supervising, managing, inspiring and leading a mix of direct and matrix reports. Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with values & culture.
- Complete quarterly performance reviews for direct reports Department staff planning & budgeting Employee hiring, onboarding & firing
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of direction of construction, construction manager or related experience
- Reliable vehicle & valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn other software programs quickly
- Highly organized with strong attention to details and follow-through
- A positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and apply common sense understanding to follow directions meticulously
- Self-motivated & proactive
What's on Offer
- $150,000 - $225,000
- Annual bonus based on personal contribution & company performance
- 3 weeks PTO + 8 Federal Holidays Off
- Mileage reimbursed at IRS rate and $50/mo phone allowance
- Health & dental benefits
- 10% equity