- Exciting, transformational role
- Growing organization with great financial backing
About Our Client
A leading privately held Global Food and Beverage Distributor. They are have been around for almost 100 years and have continued to grow. Recently they have been going through some exciting transformation and are doing a complete upgrade of their 2 Distribution Centers. They have very strong financial backing and big plans for the future hence the need for a Transformational Director of Distribution Center Operations.
My Client is seeking a highly-skilled distribution leader to run two of their largest distribution facilities. The Sr. Director of Distribution Center Operations is the most senior leader for the site, responsible for P&L and leading efficient day-to-day operations of a high volume, multishift distribution center with a of team of 400+ employees.
- Accountable for the operational performance and financial management of the assigned site, including budget preparation, full P&L responsibility, and setting site level goals to reach planned financial and operational performance
- Establish functional labor planning models and achieve appropriate labor capacity to satisfy customer demand, on-time and within lead-time
- Directly manages and develops team of leaders responsible for receiving, warehousing, and shipping
- Drive and manage change initiatives and major projects related to the Distribution Centers, Supply Chain and Operations
- Ensure site operations strategy is aligned with company strategy, focused on continuous improvement, and supporting our Culture of Contribution
- Works closely with cross-functional teams to execute distribution strategies, allow seamless integration of systems with processes, provide effective labor planning and training, and ensure accurate measurement of results
- Demonstrates success through the achievement of site and organization KPIs
- Drive Customer-Focused Quality Systems (CFQS) and continuous improvement to enable operational excellence.
- Embed a LEAN culture in every aspect of the Distribution Center.
- Produces and effectively communicates site, department, and individual performance goals
- Leads DC initiatives that improve current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety and space utilization.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors and the community.
- Regularly reports out on site(s) financial and operational performance to executive leadership
- Models, ensures and maintains direct, productive, and positive relationships between and among leadership and contributors
- Builds talent through coaching, empowering, and mentoring direct reports
- Responsible for the implementation of all company policies/procedures, ensuring company values are practiced throughout the site at all levels.
- Ensures the operation is compliant with all Federal and state laws/ requirements regarding hazardous materials, health and safety, and other risk areas.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree: MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 to 15 years as Distribution Center leader experience in a high volume, multi-shift, distribution/order fulfillment operation with large employee populations.
- Demonstrated understanding of distribution, transportation, and inventory management principles and practices with strong customer focus.
- Strong background in supply chain systems (i.e. WMS, Inventory Planning, ERP, etc.)
- Ability to promote and lead change. Capable of exploring beyond traditional business practices and altering them in a positive, productive manner. Strong process improvement, problem-solving, analytical and financial management skills.
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and employee engagement skills
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust and loyalty with others
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), capability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Continuous Improvement experience required (LEAN strongly preferred)
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the role will be commensurate with candidate experience and competitive in the local market.
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance