- Newly created ESG role with Workforce Housing operator
- Support executive team in designing and executing ESG strategy
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the fastest growing multifamily investment firms in the country with assets located throughout the Southwestern & Southeastern US. The firm is vertically integrated and active in multifamily investment, development, and management of workforce housing assets. Beyond just profits, the firm strives to make a positive social impact.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Director of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) will serve a key role in achieving these goals which will include creating and executing a global ESG strategy, establishing ESG data and content collection and validation processes for various stakeholder groups. Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall ESG strategic plan creation & implementation across the firm
- Property impact business plan creation & execution
- Social impact program design, oversight, & implementation at the property level leveraging internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate with social impact and green initiative partners for program implementation and reporting
- Serve as subject matter expert in ESG reporting for the firm
- Serve as Project Manager for the development of the annual corporate responsibility report, working closely with subject matter experts across the firm.
- Manage governance systems & corporate governance compliance
- Act as a strong participant in establishing data-driven ESG goals, milestones and metrics
- Develop and implement firm-wide plan for collecting, storing, validating and distributing ESG data and content for reporting and responding to requests from key stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of global ESG trends and tools, metrics and KPIs, and share updates and implications with broader ESG team and beyond
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 3 years experience in an ESG related role
- Subject matter expert on ESG reporting and disclosures with strong understanding of the role of ESG data.
- Broad business and technological acumen to integrate metrics on ESG performance into systems and data architecture.
- Highly organized and results-oriented with demonstrated experience managing cross-enterprise reporting processes.
- Stays up to date with global standards related to socially responsible/ESG investing and reporting including but not limited to ICMA Green and Social Bond Principles, UN Sustainable Development Goals, IRIS, UN Principles for Responsible Investing, and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board.
- Expertise in building relationships across business units and corporate functions to influence process or policy changes. Understands business drivers and operational processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills suitable to an environment working with Senior Executives and External Stakeholders.
Who is the right "fit" for this position?
- Not looking for another "job" but wants to find a Vocational Passion and Higher Professional Purpose
- Passionate About Community Service and Enriching Resident Lives
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments that are constantly evolving
- A Team Player that enjoys collaborating and working with groups
- High achiever that can multi-task and handle multiple challenges at once
- Detail-oriented, Responsible, and Takes Initiative
- Outside the Box thinker that is Innovative and Creative
- Questions Conventional Wisdom and finds Creative Solutions to Complex Problems
What's on Offer
The Client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.