Director Of Estimating
About Our Client
My client is a family owned and operated commercial general contractor that is looking to add a chief estimator to their senior managment team. The company is deeply rooted and established in New Orleans and is family oriented.
- Prepare accurate pricing.
- Compare subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Understand project logistics and schedule.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Review and understand bid documents
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings.
- Estimating programs (Takeoff, Pricing, Vendor database, Online plan room / ITB system)
- Estimating responsibilities for all bids (Pre-bid meeting attendance, Calls, Take-off required, Scope responsibilities, Bid delivery, Bid schedule and resource allocation for all bids)
- Bonding / insurance company compliance regarding items required for all bids (bid bonds, proper insurance costs included within each estimate)
- Manage and lead the estimating team.
- Perform estimating staff employee reviews
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Construction / Project Management, or equivalent required
- 15+ years general construction experience in the commercial space or the like with a concentration on pre-construction and estimating
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and estimating and earthworks software; On-screen Takeoff, Timberline experience preferred
- Ability to build, lead, and mentor teams
- Possess leadership qualities
- Ability to create strong customer relations
- Ability to give and receive timely feedback
- Possess a commitment to excellence
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture
- Excellent people skills, able to manage, motivate and discipline if necessary
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead by example
- Possess the following knowledge of codes (Standard building codes, local codes, State Fire Marshall requirements, other authorities having jurisdiction)
- Possess knowledge of design: Architectural, Structural, MEP
What's on Offer
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.