Director of Finance - Real Estate Operations
A large New York Non-Profit is seeking a financial professional
Real Estate expereince is required
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing $200M Non-Profit organization with significant Real Estate holdings.
This position supervises accounting professionals, setting their performance goals and deadlines, providing guidance and feedback on their work, and presenting the results of their efforts to internal and external stakeholders. He or she must ensure accurate and timely reporting of all partnership financial information.
- Lead the financial management of the LIHTC partnerships.
- Lead and execute the annual budget process.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end and year-end closings.
- Manage annual financial audits of the LIHTC partnerships.
- Perform analytical reviews of the partnerships' financial position.
- Implement effective internal controls to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work closely with Property Management on collections and compliance.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting to investors and other funders.
- Work with facilities management on preparation and monitoring of capital budget.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing with outside accountants of annual partnership tax returns.
- Responsible for all regulatory filings of partnerships.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Prepare and update projections on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, operations, cash receipts, investments, etc.
- Supervise, train and develop accounting staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and/or in a relevant business field, such as: Finance, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Demonstrated experience reflecting progressive responsibility including supervision of staff and a minimum of 10 years in real estate accounting/administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LIHTC or Real Estate accounting REQUIRED
- Experience demonstrating skill in effectively communicating financial concepts to financial and non-financial audiences.
- Strong oral and written skills with proven ability to effectively interface with individuals at various levels within and outside the organization sufficient to exchange information, work cooperatively, facilitate understanding, and persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrated skills using applications including: Excel (advanced), Yardi
- Excellent analytical skills.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience.