Director Internal Audit
Opportunity to manage a team, and move to other areas.
Global organization seeking a strong internal audit leader.
About Our Client
This corporate organization has a large internal audit function across the US. They offer very competitive base salaries, bonuses and other perks. This company offers upwards growth as well as mobility to other areas of the business.
- Working knowledge of financial recordkeeping methods, procedures, and practices including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of internal control standards and their application in financial or administrative contexts.
- Working knowledge of accounting databases for the purposes of data collection, extraction, analysis, and reporting.
- Skilled at identifying, compiling, extracting, and analyzing complex financial data and creating clear, coherent financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply accounting principles to analysis of complex accounting problems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and supervise the work of others, including guiding, mentoring, and providing professional development opportunities.
- Ability to engage in strategic conversations with leaders and others regarding audit findings, recommendations, and action plans and to influence the completion of projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in a variety of sensitive settings.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
The Successful Applicant
- 12+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting Firms) experience and internal audit
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field
- Professional audit relevant certification - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB Audit standards and requirements, COSO internal control framework, SOX and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Deep understanding of audit industry best practices including the use and implementation of software tools
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills that help facilitate interactions with business partners
- Proven experience leading successful teams.
- Experience in coordinating external audits and auditors
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Health care, dental and vision insurance
- Career growth
- Competitive PTO policy
- Other benefits