Director of Internal Audit
Opportunity for Upward and Inward Mobility
About Our Client
This international organization has functions in over 30 different countries around the world.
- Working knowledge of financial recordkeeping methods, procedures, and practices including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of internal control standards and their application in financial or administrative contexts.
- Working knowledge of accounting databases for the purposes of data collection, extraction, analysis, and reporting.
- Skilled at identifying, compiling, extracting, and analyzing complex financial data and creating clear, coherent financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply accounting principles to analysis of complex accounting problems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and supervise the work of others, including guiding, mentoring, and providing professional development opportunities.
- Ability to engage in strategic conversations with leaders and others regarding audit findings, recommendations, and action plans and to influence the completion of projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in a variety of sensitive settings.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
The Successful Applicant
- 12+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting Firms) experience and internal audit
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field
- Professional audit relevant certification - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB Audit standards and requirements, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Deep understanding of audit industry best practices including the use and implementation of software tools
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills that help facilitate interactions with business partners
- Proven experience leading successful teams.
- Experience in coordinating external audits and auditors
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Health care, dental and vision insurance
- Career growth
- Competitive PTO policy
- Other benefits
- Work from home options