- Urgent hire!
- Opportunity for internal advancement
About Our Client
My client has another 300 acres of raw land entitled for future residential development in the Greater Atlanta Area with a yield for over 1,000 additional lots, and is consistently adding to their pipeline. They have excellent relationships with home builders and are known for their amazing culture.
Direct all aspects of new subdivision development from tentative tract map to turnover of finished lots for home building operations. This includes but is not limited to all required oversight of land development activities in your given region.
- Strong understanding of Tentative Maps, Final Maps, Soils Conditions, Dry Utility Design and Civil Improvement Drawings.
- Strong understanding of government approval processes necessary to obtain preliminary approvals and construction permits required for residential infrastructure construction.
- Ultimate responsibility for all land development budgets and schedules. This includes preparation of land development budgets and schedules during feasibility for submission to Corporate Land Committee, as well as maintenance throughout community development.
- Assist Land Acquisition with the review of survey/title issues, and evaluate the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Manage the preparation of joint development agreements (JDA's), agreements with municipalities and private utilities, easements, licenses, and approvals necessary to allow a land deal to proceed.
- Manage preparation and verification of site development budgets, tentative/final maps and improvement drawings.
- Review engineering estimates and work directly with engineers and municipalities in the design and processing of civil plans.
- Prepare, and/or review all easements, maps, purchase agreements, governmental agreements, and legal documents.
- Oversee the negotiation of contracts for services to be performed by land development contractors such as grading, wet utilities, dry utilities, streets, curb and gutter, sidewalks and landscaping.
- Supervise/coordinate with outside consultants including civil engineering, landscape architecture, dry utilities and soils engineering in preparation of required construction applications.
- Coordinate with vertical, architecture, and purchasing on lot fit, utility locations, and access for sales and production start. Formulate land use plans.
- Direct the Land Development Department including a team of project managers.
- Monitor financial information on each phase of development.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Finance, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience; strong understanding of land development (ideally for residential use)
- Local real estate knowledge extremely beneficial.
- Supporting familiarity required in reimbursement agreements, purchase and sales contracts, entitlement issues, engineering and planning, and zoning issues.
- Extensive experience in managing development of new communities.
- Strong management capabilities with experience in managing people, department operations, budget preparation and pro-forma management, and a track record of managing and growing a strong team.
What's on Offer
In return our client offers a competitive base salary and bonus structure.