Director Manufacturing Engineering - Automotive
Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier Injection Molding
Americas and Global Responsibility
About Our Client
Our client for the Director of Manufacturing Engineering opportunity is with a global automotive tier 1 supplier specializing in interior and exterior plastics components. This organization has over 7,000 employees globally and several offices around the world.
- Define the allocation of projects within the team.
- Draw up the workload schedule within his/her scope of activity in terms of skills, headcount and resources.
- Make sure that the teams meet the project budgets and define technical solutions that meet the needs of the Business Unit.
- Guarantee the proper execution of manufacturing projects, while respecting the GDD, the SMI and the industrialization and Lean Manufacturing standards.
- Take customers' logistics and internal standards into consideration.
- Oversee startup costs budget per project for each production plant in the group
- Optimize the profitability of projects in the industrialization phase and in terms of cost controls
- Define action plans based on the activity's targets and coordinate the employees' duties
- Propose the activity's annual operations budget, and make sure that the budget is respected.
- Monitor performance indicators of activity and implement corrective actions if required
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and the continuous improvement of the activity
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree, Engineering degree highly preferred
- Must have injection molded and plastics experience
- 10-15 years of experience engineering at the plant level working on lean capabilities, product flow, tooling, plant start up
- Experience and understanding of secondary equipment such as hot plate welding, ultrasonic welding, automation and robotics, etc.
- Ability to travel domestic and globally 40-50% of the time
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $150,000 - $180,000, bonus 20%, car allowance, phone, computer, vacation, full benefits, 401K