- Reporting to the CEO
- Multi Plant Management Operations Director, with expanding scope
About Our Client
Our client for the Director of Operations opportunity is a contract manufacturer for many of the leading global consumer goods brands. This company is in rapid growth mode, and this is a newly created role reporting directly to the CEO. The company will continue to grow through organic growth and acquisition.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the overall performance of 2 manufacturing plants. This person will drive overall financial performance, operational excellence, and continuous improvement, program management and health and safety (EHS) each location. The Director of Operations will also take on more responsibility as the company makes acquisitions overseeing the additional manufacturing sites acquired.
- Oversee multi plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Develop a plan for the next generation capabilities while recognizing the commercial opportunities aligning to the company's strategic plan
- Work with Plant Managers to executive and deliver strategic goals and operational excellence
- Comply with direction obtained from the executive leadership team and contributing to those discussions
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Promote and institutionalize the Continuous Improvement department through Kaizen to reach and empower team members to solve challenges collectively
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for Plant Managers and Plant Management teams and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees at each location
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or related
- 15 plus years of experience in engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- 5 years of sr. leadership experience in operations and plant management with responsibility over multiple locations
- Proven experience driving CI - Continuous Improvement, standardization and EHS
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- High sense of urgency and able to manage multi initiatives at a given time
- Ability to influence and work cross functionally with multi groups and leaders
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $170,000 - $200,000, bonus 30%, vacation, full benefits, 401K, profit sharing, holidays.