- Report to the Vice President of Operations
- Investment in employee training, education, CEUs
About Our Client
Our client based near the Wheeling area is a leading manufacturer of precision machined and light assembled products for the Aerospace, Medical Device, and Oil & Gas industries. Some top customers include Abbott, Boeing, Honeywell, Medtronic and have a rapidly growing business that has doubled their revenue since 2016 to now.
- Oversee a manufacturing department for engineering related functions
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, machines, and tooling/fixtures.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- Oversee the fabrication of models and perform tests to determine compliance to specification. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate will have a engineering background and include the following:
15+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Experience in a CNC machining or light/manual assembly manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects and be cross functional in the department & company
- 7+ years of experience leading teams and/or multiple projects
Nice to Haves:
- Background in LEAN or Six Sigma (certification)
What's on Offer
- Salary range between $135,000 to $150,000 (dependent upon experience)
- BCBS benefits
- 25% bonus potential (target based)
- 4 weeks PTO