Director, Market Risk - Equities
About Our Client
My client, a Financial Services firm, located in Dallas is looking to add a Director - Market Risk - Equities to its team.
- Oversee the review of daily margin requirements and settlement obligations.
- Understand the U.S. & Global markets and current developments and issues affecting the industry.
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures to enhance existing market risk controls.
- Write test scripts, perform and oversee testing of various technology initiatives.
- Develop and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders across the industry.
- Drive and take ownership of identifying and mitigating market risks.
- Develop, communicate and ensure adherence to department risk policies, procedures and best practices.
- Reassess existing processes and create new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to the firm.
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in your organization.
- Support and monitor ongoing staff education and development in effective market risk management.
- Cultivate a positive work environment that allows staff to overcome mistakes, handle challenges, and develop alternatives.
- Support and monitor staff education and development in effective risk management.
- Support business expansion and strategy.
- Promptly addresses and escalates issues and concerns.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to emerging problems.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have several years of work experience directly within Equities
- Must be able to work independently and contribute immediately upon joining. We need a person who can identify and solve problems with minimal guidance or instructions.
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to present in front of senior leadership.
- Must be quantitative, technically proficient and hands on person who can be involved in all aspects of the market risk process from managing the daily batch, generating daily reports, automating risk reports by writing database queries and macros, validating risk analytics and models, working with IT on risk infrastructure enhancements, doing deep dive risk analysis across various equities products
What's on Offer
- Upward mobility
- Join an established financial services firm
- Leadership opportunity