Director - Model Risk
Lead a growing credit analytics function within a leading Investment Bank
Build methodologies that drive business decisions
About Our Client
My client is a leading Investment Bank based in Manhattan.
- Manage the work of Credit Rating Modeling Team
- Supervise team projects, including PD and LGD model development, parameter updates, data management, as well as other policy and process issues.
- Supervise ongoing monitoring of model performance, and modify models as requested.
- Liaise with all concerned parties such as business line, external consultants, auditors, regulators and head office.
- Evaluate internal and external practices, including rating agency write-ups, industry peers and local regulatory requirements, to ensure the "best practice" processes and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Maintain rating related policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong team management experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a variety of credit rating model development
- Strong knowledge of credit products and principles.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Director/head of credit modeling team or validation team at a bank or rating agency.
- Master's degree in finance, financial engineering, mathematics or other relevant subjects.
- A minimum of 15+ years of work experiences in wholesale credit risk modeling, strong understanding of credit modeling and model management.
- Familiar with at the portfolios consisting of Corporate, Commercial Real Estate, Project Finance and Financial Institutions.
What's on Offer
Competitive pay with excellent benefits and bonus