- Global Industry leader within the Food consumables space
- Fast growing, well known brand with amble growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading consumer packaged goods and ingredients company. Focused on health, their wellknown brands are helping consumers reduce their sugar intake. Our Food consumables manufacturing client is looking for a Commercialization and NPD leader that will guarantee and ensure execution excellence within Supply Chain functions for New Product Development (NPD), innovation, productivity projects, supplier sourcing changes, and change of manufacturing processes. S/He is the one stop shop in the Supply Chain organization for the projects describe above and has responsibilities to coordinate the Supply Chain functions (Product Supply, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Fulfillment, and Logistics), as well R&D, Marketing, and Finance functions to execute project deliverables.
The Commercialization and NPD Senior Manager will work with the project leader, the project manager, the project team and will be the one point of contact for all supply chain related topics. This individual interfaces extensively with Consumer Marketing, Customer Development, Finance, R&D, and Quality, and will be the one execution manage for the Supply Chain functions to deliver projects within the specified time, cost and quality parameters, speed to market, product quality, and operational efficiency.
- Facilitate the definition of project scopes, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements within the supply chain; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups; develop methods to monitor project progress within the supply chain and provide corrective action if necessary.
- Deliver the agreed projects in full accordance to the stage gate process.
- Set up project workflow and timeline and identify the project team for the Supply Chain function. Coordinate and distribute project brief to the functional team in Supply Chain: Quality, Procurement, Product Supply, Logistics, Customer Fulfillment, and Manufacturing
- Ensure that project scopes and timing take into consideration minimizing waste (ingredient and packaging write-offs) and added complexity (utilizing existing asset platforms, SKU proliferation) to the business system
- Ensure that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning of Supply Chain tasks takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders and is acted on if necessary to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need exists.
- Initiate & coordinate with the Supply Chain functions including: product costing; start-up and learning curve modeling; supplier bidding processes; suppliers and manufacturing site selection; supplier and manufacturing approval; distribution and fulfillment set up; first production execution
- Enable best practice sharing by ensuring all projects are properly closed out and key learning's are documented and distributed to relevant functions and team members
- Initiate along with R&D all requisite Master Data setups, and communicate completed information to all stakeholders so all information systems can be properly set up to produce, ship, sell and invoice on products
- Write and submit related Capital Appropriation Requests, ensuring the correct data is included in the document and that any key potential impact to the business plan are captured within
- Drive organizational excellence, best practice and continuous improvements in the Commercialization and Product Development organization both within the Category and in the Supply Chain function
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in Business, Process Engineering, or related field. Emphasis on Supply Chain preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Product Development roles
- Experience in the CPG / FMCG space required, with experience in Food and Beverage preferred
- Working knowledge of Stage Gate process or similar process required, with extensive knowledge of Project management principles preferred
- Strong system skills including experience with SAP and Microsoft Office suite
- Proactive and ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment while managing multiple priorities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong ownership and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation that is flexible depending on the candidate