- Fast-growing Transforming Global Food Manufacturer
- Own the entire operation
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned and operated company, established over 60 years ago. This facility is roughly 5 years old which was created to better serve our customers in the US. This organization is part of a much larger Global family that has been making impressive strides in the market place. They are looking for a hands on leader who can help continue to drive the organization to the next level. This role will be a 6 month contract with the potential to go perm.
The Director of Operations/ Plant Manager will lead the manufacturing operations in providing quality products at or below budgeted cost and delivering balanced results in safety, people, profitability, and quality. The position will be responsible for managing daily capacity utilization, ensuring plant operations are following regulatory and company quality requirements and the facility meets or exceeds safety standards.
This role will be a 6 month contract with the potential to go perm. By example, practices a high on-floor presence especially for start-ups, issue resolutions, project work and first production tests/runs.
- Plans, organizes, and directs manufacturing operations to ensure the plant meets the daily production schedule while ensuring product standards meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
- Improves production quality, output, delivery performance, predictability and profitability through effective planning, metrics, and training. Communicate clear metrics and targets to measure improvement.
- Develop and execute overall plant manufacturing strategies. KPI targets.
- Participates in planning, development, implementation & evaluation of strategic business and performance goals and objectives.
- Manages budget and cost controls considering changes in demand (volume), business seasonality and required service levels.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce production costs and improve material flow.
- Daily focus on yields particularly with production supervisors. Report daily actions/results.
- Ensures plant meets OSHA requirements and continually improves our safety record by addressing both physical safety issues as well as employee safety attitudes.
- Sets priorities for the manufacturing team to ensure task completion. Coordinates work activities with supervisors to support daily business objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all food regulatory requirements and ensure adherence to food safety GMP's, SOP's, HACCP, and FDA.
- Maintains superior scores on all Quality SQF.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of ten(10) years manufacturing experience within a regulated environment
- General understanding of financial and budget management with experience in managing functional areas and scope of business.
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- The continued growth of our business requires a dedicated and proven leader able to work closely with all business functions.
- Ability to build, transform and lead a successful team and provide clear direction and instruction is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Possess team-building skills; the ability to gain consensus and deliver results with and through people.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Acts with high integrity and honesty in good times and bad.
- aser focus on execution (end to end) applying relentless rigor.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver defined objectives on time, with budgeted commitments and on target.
What's on Offer
This role will be a 6 month contract with the potential to go perm.
The compensation is negotiable and will include full benefits from day 1.