Director of Operations
Growing consumer goods brand in LA
Make an impact with a great team
About Our Client
My client is a growing consumer goods brands with products online and in various big box retailers.
- Work cross-functionally to determine and plan demand by SKU, utilizing sales forecasts from various teams (wholesale & e-commerce)
- Build and manage 12-month rolling production plan by SKU, based on sales channel needs and track monthly changes in product costs.
Sourcing & Purchasing
- Determine proper order levels and own the full purchasing lifecycle (purchase order submission, manufacturer management, logistics etc.).
- Negotiate and manage the procurement of ingredients to ensure accurate lead times across the supply chain.
- Identify, evaluate and onboard new vendors into the current supply chain based on company needs.
Logistics & Fulfillment
- Ensure all orders, B2B and B2C, are properly and accurately prepared by 3PL.
- Monitor and analyze performance of current partners (e.g. postage, pick-pack fees, shipping charges etc.).
- Manage all communication with outsourced transportation companies including pick-up scheduling and adjusting delivery schedules.
- Initiate logistic claims forms to manage complaints with transportation companies in case of defects on products due to transportation or failure to meet deadlines.
- From time-to-time, negotiate services with potential new transportation or 3PL partners.
- Own all aspects of inventory management to ensure proper stock levels and avoiding stock-outs across all sellable SKUs.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory counts including investigating and reconciling any differences.
- Constantly improve inventory management processes and workflows, including supply chain effectiveness, fulfillment accuracy and speed.
- Run cost analyses for potential new vendors and products that Hydrant is looking to launch.
- Manage and distribute weekly updates on sales demand and mix, inventory (at warehouse, in-transit, in-production, etc.) to ensure cross-functional alignment on current inventory.
- Work with finance team to run monthly inventory reconciliations across all channels.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred in Business Administration, Finance or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum five years of high volume purchasing/supply chain experience, including 2 years in a supervisory role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong math and analytical skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, stock options