Director of Operations
Empowering and one of a kind retailer
Entrepreneurial and lively spirited work place
About Our Client
One of a kind womens retailer
- Lead department, owning departmental decision making, and establishing and maintaining key performance metrics for safety, production, cost.
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the organization
- Drive strategic labor planning and forecasting for area of responsibility ensuring alignment to variable cost plans
- Build high performing teams and create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in our fulfillment center to provide feedback, drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Develop and administer operational procedures, executing activities for shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage and maintain an operating budget and hit cost reduction goals
- Utilize the site Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
- Develop a culture of safety by leading, maintaining and enforcing safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
The Successful Applicant
- You have a B.A. degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field; MBA is a plus, but not required.
- You have experience leading departments in retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity.
- You've built and lead large, high performing, senior level teams and have a track record of advancement within your organization.
- You've utilized Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- You're not afraid of a challenge, and can quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for problems and workflows for teams and leadership
- You're an Excel guru, with keen analytical skills and the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, and improve processes across the organization
- You've used warehouse tools like scanners, ladders, and warehouse software.
- You've managing budgets and have the ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- You can lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs and work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as needed
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we've got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!