Director of Operations
Key part of the plant leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned manufacturing company that provides custom injection molding solutions for the medical, automotive, and aerospace markets.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Monitor and direct priorities for molding, mold maintenance, auxiliary equipment, machine maintenance and labor.
- Set up and implement a plan to continually develop and evaluate direct reports that promotes a continuous improvement and "zero defect" philosophy.
- Review all departmental documentation and create new or make recommendations for improvements. Coach/train personnel on all new or updated processes and procedures.
- Monitor and control operation hours, labor hours, finished goods inventory levels and operating supplies to make sure all are meeting standards.
- Review and approve all completed Manufacturing Orders prior to closing. Make recommendations to address positive and/or negative standard variances.
- Act as SME in Process Engineering, Mold Tooling, Molding Equipment & Processes.
- Disposition of all departmental Customer Complaints, Audit Findings and CAPA.
- Participate in ISO/QS/TS and Customer internal and external audits.
The Successful Applicant
- BS degree in an Engineering or Plastics related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years minimum experience in a medium/high volume plastics manufacturing environment.
- Technical Skills in Mold Processing, Mold Tooling, Scientific Molding Principals, Molding Equipment.
- Previous experience with RJG and Scientific Molding Principals Required.
- Experience working in and ISO or Regulated Environment Preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package