Director Plant Operations - Automotive Tier 1
Leading Global Automotive Tier Supplier
Cutting edge technology
About Our Client
Our client for the Director Plant Operations is global automotive tier supplier with a well known brand and cutting edge technology.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Comply with direction obtained from the North American and Global executive management team
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Chair Monthly Management meetings to evaluate the business performance and strive for continual improvement.
- Responsible for meeting the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Provide suitable compensation and benefits in order to maintain existing employees and stay competitive in the market when we are recruiting new employees.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees.
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or related
- 10 plus years of experience in automotive engineering environment with strong experience in engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- 5 years of leadership experience in operations and plant management
- Must have experience with electronics
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, vacation, full benefits, holidays and automotive Christmas shutdown, 401K.