Director of Preclinical Research
Director Level role with a start-up medical device manufacturer
Key position within the leadership team
About Our Client
Our client is a start-up medical device company that focuses on manufacturing products for the Animal Health and Surgical markets.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead, staff, and manage the Preclinical Research Team.
- Develop and implement administrative tools to ensure success and ease of communication between research staff.
- Improve efficiency and optimization of existing research operations.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Preclinical Research Department growth strategy.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities related to the design, initiation and follow-up of studies to support approval of Class I-III medical devices.
- Negotiate, draft, and manage research contracts and agreements with preclinical trial sites.
- Ensure that company operates within the scope of regulatory compliance including Quality System Regulations (ISO 13485), health and safety, environmental protection regulations, and the core values.
The Successful Applicant
- DVM, PhD or MD in relevant discipline required.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in preclinical medical device research, preference given to veterinary surgical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of surgery, anatomy, toxicology, and pathology is required.
- Experience with planning, directing, and coordinating activities related to studies to support approval of Class I-III medical devices is highly preferred.
- Experience with surgical publication submission strategy.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to extract key facts from complex information and present concise summaries to management.
- Demonstrated experience with large animal in-vivo surgical research and CRO vendor management.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution, and analytical skills required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Firm Paid Life and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan