Director of Preconstruction and Estimating - Downtown St. Louis
Competitive offer including a strong base salary plus bonus.
Family owned company with a flexible environment.
About Our Client
We are partnered with a very reputable general contractor on a search for an experienced Director of Preconstruction and Estimating. The company is family owned and operated, and has been in business over 40 years.
They work with a number of governmental agencies and private clients. They offer great benefits, a 401k with company match, and competitive base + bonus.
- Prepare detailed estimate deliverables in a clear, concise, standard format
- Lead estimating team through process on small projects
- Develop delegation skills
- Participate in costs/Owner/Architect team in a clear, concise manner
- Assist in the buyout of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Prepare takeoffs and initial pricing on all scopes of work including clear and concise clarifications
- Evaluate subcontractor bids appropriately for use in estimate/bids
The Successful Applicant
The successful Director:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field or related experience
- 4 or more years of construction experience as an estimator or preconstruction manager
- Conceptual estimating experience
- Must have experience managing a team through the estimating process on small projects
What's on Offer
The Director of Preconstruction and Estimating:
- Competitive salary ($120k+) & bonus structure commensurate with experience
- Clear development & growth plan
- Mentorship throughout the organization
- 401k match, health/vision/dental benefits