Director of Projects - Automation
Opportunity to work for a company on the cutting edge of automation!
Capability to lead projects across North America!
About Our Client
My client is a multinational leader in the food & beverage cold storage logistics space focused on the development and operation of highly automated facilities. As they continue to grow their presence in the United States, they are looking for an experienced Project Director to join their team as they build out their Chicago team for their US headquarters.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Maintain and manage high-level project deliverables of greenfield projects in the Midwest and beyond
- Create and successfully implement the project budget and planning
- Supervise the project financially, contractually, and overseeing quality
- Monitor the design and procurement with support of the global headquarters office and associated contractors
- Liaise with, oversee, and manage the local project teams
- Lead and organize steering committee meetings and project meetings
- Periodically report to global management team
- Maintain effective and ongoing communication with all parties, including the dedicated USA team, HQ, contractors, suppliers, and other key stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced Project Leader - Manager, or Director with experience in greenfield construction projects from an oversight/capital budget/construction manager perspective or owner's representative, of a minimum of $20MM per greenfield project
- At least 10 year's of professional experience as a Project Manager on complex construction, automation, or logistics projects
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Highly motivated self-starter with the capability to work well within a team and a natural leader with the ability to help grow an office
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, and theories within their professional discipline
- Capability to be client-facing, as this will require significant exposure to both clients and the global project management team
- Openness to travel when needed to check on other project sites
- Flexibility due to international environment of company
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, MS Projects, AutoCAD
What's on Offer
- Strong capability for career growth with a company that has strong investment within the United States
- Ambition and potential to be a part of a market leader in the field of modern automation within logistics
- Impressive benefits package