- National Homebuilder with healthy pipeline
- Manage a purchasing team of 7+ purchasing professionals
About Our Client
Leading Production Homebuilder specializing in Single Family and large affordable home neighborhoods throughout the Dallas, TX market. As a result of continued growth and a healthy pipeline of projects throughout 2023 our client is searching for a Director of Purchasing to join their senior team and lead the Purchasing department through this significant growth phase.
- Manage all material and production takeoffs, estimating plans and compliance documentation
- manage and lead the team of Agents, Coordinators and Manager within the purchasing team.
- Be the liaise on and point of contact for all subcontractors and lead all selection processes, bid processing and product scheduling processes.
- Assist Construction with the management of subcontractors.
- Supervise bidding for on and off-site construction, analyze contract scope of work (including take-offs), and negotiate and question pricing
- Supervise the maintenance of and updates to master trade partner/subcontractor lists and subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
- Manage the development of and updates to community options books with pricing, specs, and photos.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum (3) three years of Director level residential construction experience in field operations required.
- Minimum of 7 years Senior Level Purchasing and team Management experience
- Ability to read and analyze on and off-site blueprints and understand relevant reports (i.e. grading, sewer and water, architectural CDs).
- Experience of scheduling, cost v budget analysis, cost projection and proforma writing.
- Full cycle purchasing management for single family projects ranging form 100 - 300 Single family homes.
What's on Offer
In return our client is offering a fantastic benefits package that includes competitive base salary, health care, 401k and bonus opportunities.