Director of QA & Regulatory - Beauty
7+ years' experience leading a Quality and/or Regulatory team
Opportunity to build out and lead an entire QA & Reg department with a brand
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Beauty company, looking to expand their product line into International markets!
* Provides technical guidance in product and packaging development.* Assures all incoming materials are inspected and ensure dispositions such as replacements, rework or return are handled on a timely manner.
* Follows through corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) with all contracted manufacturers/vendors to assure CAPA are in place and implemented.
* Resolves any quality matters at the production facilities, warehouse and market areas as necessary, to include but not limited to complaints.
* Determines overall manufacturer's product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
* Evaluates and takes corrective action when necessary with regard to product date coding and trade management at all levels of product movement.
* Supervises QA inspector to assure incoming materials are inspected per Inspection guidelines.
* Establishes specifications for new and existing products to include re-establishing specifications based on the request of the EVP of Ops, CEO, and President.
* Assures products produced by contract vendors are within the established specification.
* Trains new and existing employees as needed* Consults with warehouse director
Ensure all products are in compliance with local, domestic and international markets.
* Ensure all products are tested and evaluated for safety and efficacy for its intended use
* Provide information such as net weight, PAO, Ingredient listing, warning/caution statements etc. for product labeling to comply with state, domestic and international markets.
* Assure all necessary registration documents are provided to retailers and distributors for registration purposes.
* Train new and existing employees as needed
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Micro Biology or other Science related degrees.* 5-10 years experience in QA/QC and Cosmetic and OTC Regulations
* Ability to perform as a manager of job responsibilities.
* MS Office, Google Apps, and Mac proficient.
What's on Offer
* Generous compensation + benefits package with 401k * Opportunity to build out and lead an entire QA & Regulatory department
* Fantastic work environment with company activities, such as Wellness events and Summer BBQ's