- Opportunity to grow QMS
- Influence, autonomy and stability
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned operation that has been in business since the 1950s. They focus on aluminum and magnesium casting for multiple markets including the aerospace and defense industries. The seek a Quality Manager to help oversee their Quality department and lead initiatives to reduce customer complaints, root cause and CAPAs.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the following;
- The Director of Quality will assist in preparation/delivery of department reports, charts, and graphs on defects and scrap. Perform analysis of charts and lead improvement / reduction efforts
- The Director of Quality will have the ability to interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and confer with management and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- The Director of Quality will read blueprints and/or engineering specifications to obtain casting information such as specified material, surface finish, and dimension requirements; ability to compare surface finish of work piece to finish requirements
- The Director of Quality will be responsible for FAI submission process and resolution of non-conforming measurements detected during FAI process.
- Perform non-conformance (NC) processing on regular basis utilizing database systems to record and monitor disposition
- The Director of Quality will support Corrective Preventative Action verification and effectiveness of action items
- Respond to customers in timely manner for complaints, containment and RMA requests or any product quality related inquires with the goal of 24 hour turnaround
- Responsible for FAI submission process and resolution of non-conforming measurements detected during FAI process.
- Assists in PPAP process from planning, implementation and execution of final inspection plans.
- Assist with the education and instruction of plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment maintenance, and overall efficiency improvements to meet quality control standards.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years related experience, must be familiar with AS9100 and aerospace requirements
- Must demonstrate proficiency in analytical reasoning to effectively and systematically troubleshoot process issues
- Six Sigma Certification/Experience is a plus
- ASQ Certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Rev D
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, between $100,000-$140,000, commensurate with experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity, Paid Yearly up to 10%
- BCBS Health Plan (HMO and PPO Options)
- 15 Days of paid time off
- 5 Sick Days
- 2 Personal Days
- 9 Company Holidays
- 401(k) with 2% company match (Through Fidelity)