Director of Quality
Great compensation + benefits package
Opportunity to join a growing team and build out the department
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known Food Manufacturer specializing in the production of full meals!
* Develop, implement, manage and integrate a QMS for manufacturing plants. * Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
* Direct and manage quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
* Represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers, auditors and regulatory agencies of the county, state and federal government (USDA, FDA, Health Dept., etc.).
* Design implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
* Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
* Perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
* Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
* Maintain compliance with all Local, State and Federal regulatory requirements.
* Develop quality planning methods and processes for all product lines.
* Direct and maintain direction and goals for company product quality, food safety, HACCCP, GMP's, SOP'S, SSOP'S, laboratory, facility and equipment sanitation standards and pest control.
* Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
* Directs the design and implementation of quality related training for QA/QC and plant personnel in performing required tests, decision-making skills, statistical process control and GMP and housekeeping standards. Partner with Production Manager to design effective training programs to support best practices manufacturing processes.
* Direct and coordinate the overall quality specifications and standards for raw materials, processes and finished goods.
* Design and implement review process to ensure SQF, HACCP, SOP's and SSOP's manuals and practices are up to date and in compliance.
* Report to Senior management on quality issues, trends and losses.
* Work closely with Purchasing department to review suppliers and establish supplier quality requirements.
* Participate in internal and external quality audits. * Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
* Efficiently maintain the plant in an audit ready status through consistent application and audit of systems and processes
The Successful Applicant
* 10 + years' experience in QA management. * 7 - 10 years' experience in a USDA/FDA regulated industry.
* Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
* Experience in a thermal process food manufacturing environment.
* Thorough understanding of general safety requirements, GMP's and industry best practices.
* FSMA implementation and compliance.
* Understanding of Local, State, Federal regulatory standards.
* Experience in designing and implementing quality systems.
* Bachelor's degree is a MUST
What's on Offer
* Generous compensation + benefits package* Opportunity to lead a growing Quality department and implement new procedures